Consider the following facts:
1. A total absence of any decent exercise since last WW;
2. A schmooze-y work dinner on Tuesday night;
3. Dinner out with some friends with (I only realized it later) mashed spuds with *cream* and butter
4. Enagagement/housewarming bash on Saturday arvo for the genetically aligned, which included a piece of black forest cake, and a piece of cream sponge (not to mention chips)
5. Some chocloate based sinning on a stressful Friday last week.
Here are some interesting reflections from this:
1. Chips don’t taste as good as I remember them (of either the packet or hot varieties)
2. After Saturday’s excess, I ended up walking around feeling quite ill for the rest of Sat night (could only manage one apple) and Sunday for most of the day (only had some pumpkin soup for brunch (with some bread rolls), and a light hoisin stirfry for dinner
3. Following one beer and four glasses of red whine on the Tuesday night, I felt mildly hungover on Wednesday. And on Tuesday night, at about 11pm, as Noddy will attest, I was quite pissed. I’m not sure if it’s the weight loss, or the relative recent lack of alocohol which led to my quite frightening inebriation.
4. On Sunday afternoon, despite still feeling as though I were carrying a couple of bricks in my stomach, we got out for a walk just before the heavens opened, and the exercise was sorely needed….
5. Goddamn, black forest cake is nice 🙂